Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fourteen


It's my favorite number. Well, one of them. I have several favorites. People tend to have several when they love numbers. And, I love numbers. As a kid, on road trips to Louisiana for the holidays, I would kill time in the car by adding, subtracting, dividing, or multiplying the numbers from the time on the dashboard clock - just playing with the numbers and finding patterns. When the time switched to the next minute I would do it again. It was terribly nerdy of me, but I had fun doing it.


Fourteen has always had a special place in the math section of my heart. And, fourteen happened to be my number in volleyball in high school. I was willed the number fourteen jersey from Leslie when she graduated - everyone knew how bad I wanted to wear that number.


It's a beautiful number if you ask me. And, I still get a little excited when the time is 1:14, or I can park in spot 14, or I have 14 unread emails, or it's the 14th day of the month. What's your favorite number?

4 comments:

Ashley Dias said...

And for those of you counting... this was my 200th post. Happy 200.

John Dias said...

I don't have a favorite number, but I have a sort of favorite letter which is "A" and I have no idea why. When I doodle, for some reason I start with a letter "A" and then build around that. I think I like the angles or maybe the possibilities the first letter of the alphabet carries. Who knows?

Happy 200th! Glad you're posting more, I missed it!!

Ashley Dias said...

maybe you like A because your amazing niece's name starts with A.... :) just a thought.

Karin Dias said...

My favorite number is 3!!!