Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ni hao from Taipei


Ni hao (and if you really mean it, KNEEEE-hooow!) means hello. That is officially 33 percent of my Mandarin speaking capabilities. I went for a walk last night to grab some photos of the area next to the hotel. There is a night market which is where this photo was taken. It's actually much more crowded here than this photo suggests. And, there is no law in Taipei concerning signage, therefore it is everywhere. I have no clue what this says, and honestly I'm not sure any Taiwanese know what it says either, likely because they simply don't read it.


What's really suprising about this photo is that there is no one in it. I'm incredibly amazed by that because there were actually tons of people around. Tons of people are around all the time actually. It's almost shoulder to should everywhere you walk.


More soon.

No comments: