Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cameo appearance


Meet Cameo. Cameo is my friend Shae's dog. Cameo is a sweet pup with a lot of spirit. And, she loves, loves to play. When I looked after Cameo a little while back, we would play frisbee in the backyard. I think "frisbee" might be Cameo's favorite word, because she sure perks up when you mention it. And, she's good at it too. I would sling that thing pretty good and she's be right up under it when it came to the ground. But, when my arm was as numb as Colt McCoy's and it was time to go back inside, Cameo would look at me like, "we're not done, are we?" So, of course, as she'd hoped, we'd play some more.


Cameo also seemed to have fun when we played a little photography game. That or she was simply intrigued with what this massive gadget was that I was sticking in her face. When the shutter would click her head would cock a bit and she'd sniff at the lens. I used my wide angle lens for this photo. I believe I had it all the way down to 18mm (which for you shutterbugs is similar to 28mm on an old 35mm.) So, it was pretty wide, which let me get all of her body in the shot while being fairly close up to her nozzle. Unfortunately, that lens can't focus at such a close range. But, I enjoy the photo nonetheless. However, since taking this photo I've been considering buying a new lens (it's like my version of buying shoes, there is always a great new one to have). The one I have in mind is the AF-DX Fisheye-NIKKOR 10.5mm f/2.8 G ED. It would basically give me the the focal distance capability of my macro lens with the wide angle view of a fisheye.


Thanks Cameo for the photoshoot!


No comments: