Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ukulele dreaming


Turns out I have an obsession with ukuleles too, not just guitars. While in Hawaii I had my eyes on a real ukulele at this shop. I talked about it all week long, likely driving my family crazy with my dreams of becoming a ukulele player. I joked that not everybody plays the ukulele and I could become a phenomenon.

The ukulele is unique and you certainly don't hear it every day. Except in the current number one song in America, "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train. Atleast I'm pretty sure it's a ukulele. You ought to listen to this song too, it'll make you smile.

I never got the ukulele, which is okay, because I have the story and this photo instead. Maybe one day I'll go for my ukulele dream, but for now I'll just air-ukulele to Train's new song.



No comments: