Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Runs in the family


While I was in Baton Rouge Grandpa showed me his first camera. He said he bought it just before shipping off to Hawaii then to Korea for the war. He paid $29 for it, and his monthly salary was only $75 so this was a major investment. I would have done the same thing if I was him. I imagine in the Navy you would see some really great parts of the world as you sail around it.


It was so neat to look at this old camera. The flash was attached with a bulb still in it. A chart was on top of the can explaining which bulbs to use in what conditions. You really had to know how to photograph to use this camera. I love how the lens snaps out all accordian style. Cameras certainly have progressed, but the oldies will always be the goodies.

No comments: