Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Stay sharp


Every now and then, as you've probably noticed, I enjoy taking photos of random things. The other day I looked in my drawer at my color pencils and thought that might be a great shot with all that color. I bought these a while back in hopes of using them for some artistic-something. Turns out, so far, that artistic-something has solely been this photograph. I even had to sharpen them for this photo since they hadn't been used yet. One day maybe I'll put them to their true use.


It's a struggle these days to find time for inspiring my creativity, that's why I love my blog, it's one of my few creative outlets. Just six months ago things were so different. In school you had all the resources and plenty of time to sketch, draw or try other artistic things, either on a school project or in your flexible free time. Well, life just isn't that way anymore. Time is at a premium. And that's okay. I'm not bummed about it. But, I do look at my unsharpened pencils in my drawer and think to myself how I have to find time to sharpen not just my pencils but my skills. In some ways its like riding a bike. You'll always remember how to ride, but you'll ride better if you ride often.

No comments: