Monday, December 1, 2008

The joy of wine


It's holiday season and the wine is abound. My family loves wine. But, we don't have to wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas to enjoy it. For us there can be an occasion or no occasion at all. Everything about the wine experience is wonderful. Uncorking the bottle with the fun pop, pouring it into beautiful glasses, swirling it around, smelling the first of its aroma, and simply drinking it.


Between everyone in my family we know quite a bit about vino, and in completely different ways. My brother sells wine so he's learned about the sales and distribution aspect of wine. He knows what people are buying. My parents they know about the quality of wine. They are like a walking wine database. They can tell you where they first had that Cab, and if it's worth having again. They like all varietals and are always trying new bottles yet stay loyal to their favorites as well. I, on the other hand, learned about the wine making process from my horticulture class in college. I know a bit about things such as the different grapevines, harvesting methods, fermentation, and so on.


While all this wine knowledge is fun and we share it with each other. What really matters is that we enjoy our glass. Salud to the holidays!

No comments: