Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dead end door


This door (or wall, depending on how you look at it) is located inside the Southside on Lamar event center. As we were leaving the benefit Saturday I snapped this. I really enjoy this photo despite it being of a fairly eery dead-end corridor. I guess it's not really a dead-end since it has a door. But, honestly, would you go through that door? Not exactly inticing if you ask me, especially with that pipe shadow being cast down.

In some ways this photo reminds me of playing James Bond 007 on Nintendo 64 way back in the day, at least I think it was Nintendo 64. Nonetheless, I would play that game for hours in my brother's room, much to his chagrin of course. The game was always set in some dark Russian bunker or something to that eery effect. From the looks of this photo, I'd say the video game maker visited Southside on Lamar, or atleast this dead-end corridor of it.

No comments: