Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pompatus of love


They don't call it Guitar Hero for nothing. Turns out I'm a champion guitar player after all, and this is my champion axe (not bad for plastic, eh?). I rose to the top last night when I played Steve Miller Band's "The Joker". Steve would have been proud. The blue fret button thought it would beat me, but my little pinkie took us home as I picked my way to rock star status. And you see that metal bar at the top of the photo, that's the whammy bar; I let that puppy wail on the long notes. I recommend Guitar Hero to everyone, it does wonders for your self esteem. Now, if I can just acquire some groupies.

p.s. pompatus is a made up word, maybe Steve Miller really is the joker [lyrics go: ...some people call me Maurice, 'cause I speak of the pompatus of love...]

p.s.s. midday correction, apparently pompatus is in the Oxford English Dictionary and means to act with pomp and splendor, whether that came before or after Stever Miller I do not know. And, I guess all words are made up at some point. Touche.

No comments: