Wednesday, June 10, 2009

MP3s just don't have the crackle


I've decided it might be time to go retro. I need, yes need, a record player. We listened to records all weekend, including this one (which is Paul Simon by the way.) I love playing records. And no, I'm not too young to know what a record sounds like. I'll admit it, my first (and last) record was Michael Jackson's album "Bad." Bad, I know. I remember recieving it one Christmas when I was about four. If my memory serves me right, the case was white with a photo of Michael Jackson and the word Bad written in red. Ok, so it's not really my last record. I bought a James Taylor record when I was in Barcelona on study abroad, which is very appropriate if you read a couple posts down. And, I'm pretty sure I stole Hotel California from my folks.


Anyways, listening to records reminded me of how great it is. You have to place the needle carefully on the spinning record. It pops a couple times then starts to sing, crackling every now and then. It's good for the soul.

No comments: