Thursday, June 11, 2009

Storm of stars


Last night we had an amazing storm. And when I say amazing I mean amazingly powerful. It was a line of red and purple on the radar that swept across the metroplex. Winds in some areas were 60 to 85 miles an hour. So of course, as I'm watching the news coverage, I decide to watch it roll in from my balcony. The clouds were beautiful as they slid across the sky. The wind started to pick up. I dont think our winds in uptown were over 40 miles an hour, but they were still strong enough to knock over road barriers and construction junk. I could smell the rain with the winds. Then in perfect sequence came the rain. Just pouring down from the sky. Watching it reminded me of this photo. Then it got a bit heavy and I had to call it quits.


This is a different star trails photo than my others. It doesn't have as much curvature to it because I didn't point the lens towards the north star. So this one reminds me of rain since its trails are a bit straighter. Last night's rain wasn't quite as peaceful as this, but some days when it rains, it rains like this. One of those rains where you want to be on your porch with a glass of wine or coffee, hearing it thump the ground.

No comments: