Monday, May 17, 2010

It's a Jeep thing


If you are in the market for a classic Jeep Wrangler, this one is for sale. This is Shae's Jeep that she is letting go of with some regret. It's a beauty. We went to White Rock with it on Saturday to take some photos for a craigslist listing. This was a fun shoot for me because I was using my new wide angle lens. The photo was taken at 10mm - or super wide - hence the "in your face" nature of the shot. The overcast light was perfect on Saturday afternoon for shooting a white Jeep. If the sun had been out, I would have struggled to get the exposure correct.


Happy Jeeping to whoever becomes the next lucky owner of this ride.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm probably just being overly sentimental, but i actually do kind of dread the day me and Blue part ways. Just the thought of some stupid 16 year old getting behind the wheel and smashing her into a curb or a tree because they're still trying to learn how to drive makes me shudder. She deserves better....Perhaps a symbolic "decommisioning" like they used to do for retiring transatlantic ships.

Ashley Dias said...

I was super sad to see my jeep, also named Blue, go. I even did the look-back-at-it thing when I gave them the keys for the trade in. Dad said, "you should want to keep your car, the day you sell it" - I think his point was so you won't accept any less than what it's worth.

And, so everyone knows, Shae's jeep was for a long time nameless (shudder!), but has recently been named Kip. But, I think I'm the only one who calls it that.