Friday, November 7, 2008

Crossroads of the world


I found this photo the other day as I was going back through some of my old yahoo photos online. I took this one several years ago, long before the DSLR. Not too bad for the point-and-click Canon I used to have. Times Square is a very cool place. So much is going on and yet nothing is going on at the same time. Ads and taxi cabs are the bulk of what you see in Times Square. Restaurants, bars and theatres are abound of course, but the most interesting part of the crossroads of the world is watching all the people come and go. According to wikipedia, "The intersection of Broadway and 42nd Street, at the southeast corner of Times Square, is the Eastern Terminus of the Lincoln Highway, the first road across America" Hence its nickname as the crossroads of the world.

No comments: