Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I can hear John Denver


This photo goes way back to, I think, the summer before my freshman year of college. I went on a mission trip called Appalachia Service Project with my church. We went to up to the smokies to repair homes for deserving families. The Appalachia area we visited (where Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee and Kentucky all come together) is a beautiful part of the country, despite its run down nature.


One morning our team had to stop for gas en route to our site. I jumped out to take photos. These were my early photo days, with my original Canon. I found this suspension bridge that just barely skimmed over a rocky stream. I can't imagine having to walk across it. A few of us gave it a shot for a couple steps, but couldn't make ourselves go too far. Plus it was probably some mountain mama's personal bridge that wasn't made for a bunch of city kids to be playing on.

1 comment:

John Dias said...

Ya'll darned kids git offen mah propertah!