Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Museum for the madi


There is this very colorful place down near Turtle Creek that I have always passed at night wondering what in the world it is. Well I went on an adventure to find out. It was actually a museum, a museum for a form of art I had never heard of, MADI art.


MADI art focuses on geometry and bright colors, two of my favorite things. The movement began in Buenos Aires, Argentina in the 1940s under Vol Froitman. Movement seems to be a bit of generous phrase as it doesn't seem to have many followers. The museum in Dallas is one of only a few museums dedicated to MADI. And, I am still unclear on the origin of the "MADI" phrase, but some on the internet seem to think it comes from the spanish description of the movement, "Movimiento Artistico De Invencion." I can't wait to actually go to the museum on a visit. From the looks of it, the inside will have some really cool works on display.

1 comment:

anna begins said...

That is so awsome.. I want to go there on my next visit.. Love it.