Monday, October 20, 2008

Macro vision


I got a new lens for my camera. It's a macro lens, which means it can take extremely close up shots. I wish they were called micro lenses, because that seems to makes more sense. Anyways, it is a 60mm f/2.8 which is a couple f stops lower than what I have on my 18mm-135mm. This will give me more opportunity in low lighting situations, but unfortunately no zooming capability. But, all macro lenses come in fixed focal lengths.


This photo is of my first lens, the 18mm-135mm, taken with the new macro lens. I am still so impressed with how close up I can get on objects. I went around my apartment last night taking photos of everything small, light switches, electrical outlets, the peep hole in my front door, my aggie ring. It was pretty cool. So, forgive me if I show quite a few close up shots in the coming posts.

No comments: