Monday, March 15, 2010

Uncropped stove top



It is highly unlikely that I will ever have a stove top like this again. These guys are slowly becoming a thing of the past. I guess I got bored one night in my old apartment and started taking photos of the burners with my macro lens. I actually like this photo quite a bit. It turned out to be pretty well-composed, and it is completely uncropped.


I'm not sure I've mentioned this before, but I do not like to crop photos. To me, being able to capture a shot in the frame is part of being a strong photographer. Not everyone will agree with me - some might say that we shouldn't let the frame dictate a shot or something to that effect, especially since we have the ability to easily manipulate photographs these days. But, that's part of the challenge in my opinion, creating a nice composition with what you are given. That's not saying I haven't cropped my fair share of photos, I just prefer not to.


Who knew a burner could inspire such photographic philosophy and opinion?

1 comment:

Scott said...

Amen. Always love sticking with the in camera framing or effect. Imperfections are what make beauty.