Friday, April 30, 2010

Skylines


Turns out I have a pretty stellar view of downtown from the roof of my garage. This photo was taken from the opposite direction that you typically see on a postcard. I think Dallas' skyline is best viewed from the southwest, across the Trinity River.

Skylines are great. I remember driving back from College Station and always getting excited as I was approaching Dallas. Then eventually the skyline would appear and I would stare it down endearingly for a while, until it was time to start throwing bows in the traffic congestion. At my last apartment I was too close to the skyline for my taste. To me, they are more impressive from further away. Not every big city has a great skyline either. Dallas certainly has a good skyline. Chicago, Seattle, New York all have good skylines. I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can come up with at the moment. Just might have to travel to find some more.

No comments: