Friday, March 6, 2009

The Greatest City in America


As this bench testifies, Baltimore* is the greatest city in America. The city pride really radiates from this bench, don't you think? This little-bench-that-could brings to mind an interesting question, what does it take to be the "greatest city in America." I guess qualification number one would be a post office. Second, maybe benches for your wonderful citizens. Then what? What would be your greatest city recipe? For me it's a combination of awesome mexican food restaurants, running and bike trails, and limited snow fall (clearly I've been in Baltimore all week, longing for a few things.) Let's be clear, I'm not dogging on Baltimore, or the bench. I love the bench. It's a classic. I'm just saying Baltimore doesn't get my blue ribbon.

*Interesting wikipedia fact, Baltimore was named after Lord Baltimore of the Irish House of Lords. Baltimore, or to the Irish, Baile an Tí Mhóir, means "town of the big house." Not sure where the big house is, I'll let you know if I find it.

No comments: