Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Not responding


What a day, what a day. I came to work this morning and I really felt like I was making some head-way on what I needed to be doing. I was feeling some "project zen" as I told my friends at work. I probably shouldn't have said anything or at least knocked on wood when I did because this afternoon my computer began to act up, as it tends to do about 4:30PM. Well, Revit (for those of you who don't know this, Revit is the building information modeling program we use at work), Revit decided it wasn't in the mood to work anymore and checked out for happy hour. I got the dreaded "Not Responding". Oh really, Revit? I despise that phase.


What if we humans used that phrase? Someone asks you a question and you say, "not responding." Ya, that would go over real well. So, why do our computer programs say this to us? Why not, "We're having a little trouble right now" or "can I get back to you on this later?" or hell even, "Now's not a good time." We all have our moments, I get it. But, the "Not responding" that just pisses me off.


Well, as you would guess, Revit never decided to come answer the door for me. So, I had to shut it down. And with it went a couple hours of my "very-zen" work (that's right, I didn't save for a while, trust me I'm aggrevated about that too.) But, okay, no big deal, I did it once, I can do it again, and the second time around it will be much faster, but sheesh! Needless to say my afternoon was a complete 180 from this morning.


So, what did I do to put my troubles behind me?


I made breakfast tacos.

No comments: