Monday, March 16, 2009

It ain't easy being green


This weekend, for many, was all about St. Patty's day celebrations. While they were wearing green and drinking green beer I was studying green principles for my Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) exam. Oh how I was so bummed driving down McKinney Avenue on Saturday when I went to grab lunch. Everyone had been to the parade on Greenville and was now making their way to the pubs, and I was only a few hours into a long day and night of studying.


But, my redemption came Sunday morning when I passed the test and can now call myself a LEED accredited professional. I think I'll have a green beer on Tuesday (St. Patrick's Day proper) in celebration, now that I've earned it.


So, why the photo of bamboo? Well, bamboo is a rapidly renewable resource. Rapidly renewable resources are defined by the U.S. Green Building Council as those with a lifecycle of 10 years or less. Bamboo is used to create flooring and other building materials. In short, it's green.

4 comments:

dave morris said...

Congratulations on getting LEED Certified! That's awesome!

Unknown said...

Congrats on getting LEED certified...!Thats great!

John Dias said...

Good job Ash-Poo!

wkay said...

YAY ASH!