Thursday, July 24, 2008

Cadillac Ranch


Sort of strange isn't it? This is an old Cadillac. In fact it's just one of about ten cadillacs plunged into the ground in Amarillo, Texas. I was out in Amarillo a couple years ago for my friend Amy's wedding. To keep ourselves busy before the ceremony we took a little trip to Cadillac Ranch, an art installation outside of town. It's on the west side of Amarillo I believe. I didn't really know what to expect once we got there. It's a bit twilighty. There is nothing there but the flat dirty plains and the Caddys.


People are allowed to spray paint the cars and luckily when we were out there we found some extra spray paint cans. So we climbed up on them and went to town. It was a blast. This photo was pre-Nikon. I think I actually took it with my old point-and-shoot Canon.


Go to wikipedia if you want to learn more about the ranch.

2 comments:

Mara Salas said...

thats cool!!!

I like the pic with the setting. nice shot!

Andrew said...

Ashley, this one is really good!