Monday, July 7, 2008

Live from the backyard


I love this photograph. I took this one over the weekend down in San Antonio. Andrea's family put on a huge backyard bash, known to many of us as "Stinzfest", for July 4th. They had three different bands play throughout the night, most of which were comprised of a Stintzi or two and friends. The Stintzi's have quite the set up for this event, they've actually stone paved a stage in their backyard and it's perfect.


Andrea stepped in for the night as rhythm guitar for the her dad's band, Bad Neighbor, since one of the band members was unable to play. So before it was Bad Neighbor's turn at the stage, Andrea was in the garage studio area looking over the set. In the garage their is this wall covered in album covers. So I asked Andrea to come play a little while in front of the albums. I snapped away, while she played, and I finally got this one.


Once the sun went down it was Bad Neighbor's turn. I wasn't out there right when they started. But, all of a sudden I heard Andrea playing and singing "What's up" by 4 Non Blondes. So I ran out there and man, she really nailed that song. I just sat there on the grass and soaked it up.


Well done friend, you really do rock. (And, I think we've got your first album cover photo taken care of.)


No comments: