Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The color blue


I've always been facinated with the color blue. It is, without a doubt, my favorite color. So once I discovered this building in uptown I knew I'd have to go spend some time photographing it. The paint is a bit faded on the masonry, but to me the color is still endearing. Something about blue, this color blue, is awesome.


When I was a kiddo I preferred everything in blue. I used to love to get ice cream served in the little blue plastic helmets at Texas Rangers games. I had a blue wooden egg I carried around with me as a lucky charm. In high school I had t-shirts that I wore to pieces because they were blue. My car is blue. I carry a kanteen that is blue. Simply put, I love the color blue. Why? No clue, I just do.


There is rarely reason for why we like our favorite color, but everyone seems to have a favorite. In fact, isn't that always a get-to-know-you question? "What's your favorite color?" which is usually followed by "what's your favorite ice cream flavor?"


Well, I like vanilla ice cream served in a blue helmet. And, I like my buildings blue too.

No comments: