Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Doors with personality




I love doors. I have a pretty serious affection for them. They are in some ways like us, they have personality, character, age. They all say something and there's always something behind them that they protect. This photo is one of my favorites I've ever taken of a door (and I've taken plenty, and I'm sure I'll share a few). This door is in Austin. I took this photo while working on my final project in my photography class that I took in Spring 2007. The project was to be a series. Andrea and I found this door when driving back one afternoon from the South Congress area. I rolled down the window and snapped this one. No romance here, it was a quick shot. But, it worked out, we caught it at just the right time, I think the light was just right for this door. I particularly love the little blue ball that's just hanging out on the porch. This door is cool and he knows it.


I've posted the final series below. The two doors on the left are from Austin. The door in the middle is from Seattle. The doors on the right are from Dallas. I'll share the Seattle door with you sometime.



No comments: