Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Looking forward


I am approaching the end of an era here at Texas A&M. I've pretty much maxed out the time you can be here in College Station without getting a real job. And yesterday it hit me that I'm really about to leave. The countdown has started. I'm seeing the light at the end of the academic tunnel. It is exciting. But I'm also a bit sad to leave Texas A&M. This is a wonderful place, with incredible people. But, with all that's behind me, I know there is just as much and more ahead. Hence today's photograph.


This is another jewel of downtown Bryan. Anyone who is the slightest photographer in this town, knows exactly what staircase this is. It stands rusted next to a beautiful brick wall, tucked away from the hussle of main street in Bryan. I desaturated the left side of the photograph because it seemed to be what it wanted. And, occasionally I name my photographs. Usually that name is pretty simple, whatever that photograph says to me. I originally named this one "history". How appropriate for this moment in my life. History is something to be appreciated and built on. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of my time here in College Station.

No comments: