Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The first of many stories


Thanks are in order for my mom. Mom, you realize you are the one who got me started on this. You are the one who told me I had a good eye for composition and that I should pursue photography more seriously. You don't realize how much I appreciate your encouragement, as this hobby has become quite the occupation for me. And, I sure hope everyone enjoys the stories that are behind these photographs. Life is full of stories and photography helps us remember them.


This first photograph is of mom and her sister Leila, and was one of my first successful shots with my current camera. My folks gave me a Nikon D50 for Christmas in 2006. You should have seen me during our road trip to see the family in Louisiana and Mississippi over Christmas. I was shoting constantly. I took this photo on my Aunt Leila and Uncle Donnie's land in Mississippi. It was wonderful out there. Mom and Aunt Leila are such great friends and you should see the two of them when they get together, they have such a good time. I think this one really epitomized the two of them together. Here's to sisterhood.


No comments: