Friday, April 11, 2008

Downtown Bryan looking up


Downtown Bryan is a cool place. It's always a good time to just go down there and walk around. Chad and I did just that a couple weeks ago. It was Easter Sunday in fact. After a couple glasses of wine and an outstanding dinner we decided to go on a photography retreat to downtown. There are so many opportunities for great photographs in downtown. Bryan, for the most part, has not aged gracefully, but downtown is an exception. Main street in Bryan is like the grandpa of the Brazos Valley. It has a history and a calmness, which comes through a little bit in the photograph. Usually I don't like photographs like this one. Looking up at buildings and taking a shot usuall doesn't work well. This one I like though. Maybe its the art deco flavor of the building that makes me like this shot, or the color of the sky that comes through in the windows. I'm not sure. I suggest taking a camera to downtown Bryan if you live here. You'll see things you didn't see before, and you'll begin to really appreciate the heritage of Bryan.

No comments: