Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Moulin Rouge


It's almost the fall semester. When all the students (of which I am finally not one) go back to school, and some lucky ones go abroad. In 2005 I went to Barcelona. While in Barcelona we made the obligatory trips to Paris, Rome, Florence and such. Our group had a blast in Paris. While we were there they had a huge snow storm. Imagine a handful of college backpackers trekking across the blizzard covered city just trying to make it from Norte Dame to the Louvre. It was an adventure to say the least.


One night after dinner we decided to stroll through the Red Light District. At this point the snow had died off, but wouldn't that have been a good photograph, snow atop the sign letters. But, instead I got the classic Moulin Rouge shot. I remember standing in the middle of a roundabout on top of a concrete bench to get this shot. I actually took this one with my old Canon point-and-shoot.


This photograph makes me want to travel. Surprise, surprise. Don't I always.

No comments: