Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Zumi, the plant


I name my plants. I take better care of them that way. It helps my brown thumb care just a little better for them when they have been personified. This guys name is Zumi, always has been, I think because his plant name is something along those lines. Don't ask me, I don't remember. I just remember his name is Zumi. I've probably had Zumi for a couple years now. Maybe closer to three years. He's very resillient. I water him every now and then and he just keeps living on. In fact, when I went to Seattle for the summer, on the way out of College Station I watered him till he was swimming and said, good luck buddy. (I know, you all think I'm a horrible plant mother, but I believed he could do it). So after three months I came back and Zumi was looking strong. Thirsty, but strong.


This is Zumi in my new apartment in Dallas. He looks good there, particularly in front of the light brown drapes. They suit him.

No comments: