Monday, August 4, 2008

Simple mechanics


This is a Bell & Howell projector from way back when. Way back being when projectors actually projected film images. Andrea gave this little guy to me for my birthday. His motor works and eventually I'd like to get the lens cleaned up and project something from him.


You know the crazy thing, two weeks ago I made the decision to start collecting old film equipment. So, Mr. Projector here has started my collection. He's a beauty. Old machines and mechanics are pieces of art in themselves because of how wonderfully they are put together. New electronics are cool too, don't get me wrong, but you don't see the way they work like the old stuff. In fact, it's probably not fair to call the old stuff "simple mechanics". They are often very complex and intricate pieces of machinary.


So, let the collection begin.

No comments: