Monday, August 11, 2008

Phelps Phenomenon


So I clearly just took a photo of my television screen here. But, this view is the view that many people have had all weekend, watching Michael Phelps swim towards Olympic history; to become the most decorated athlete in Olympic history. I'm not a huge swimming fan, but I have been mesmerized by the Phelps Phenomenon.


He strolled casually to his first gold on Saturday in the 400m Individual Medley. But, last night was the real heart stopper race. Phelps' teammate Lezak pulled out the Gold for the 400m free relay team at the very last second (or rather 800th of a second) to beat France. Quite a wonderful win considering the trash talk that had been coming from the French team.


I sure hope Phelps pulls it off to become the most decorated Olympian. From what I can tell is he is a very humble and kind person who is obviously extremely talented. A combo that deserves the title of Best Olympian Ever.


We're rooting for you, Phelps.

No comments: