Thursday, August 28, 2008

When in Napa


Mom and I went to Napa awhile back. What a beautiful place. I love being among all the rolling hills and rows of vines. Being in the wine country makes you really appreciate all the hard work and beauty that has gone into a bottle of wine. It also makes you want to move out there and start a winery (my never ending dream).


Well, one evening, after mom and I had done all the wine tasting we could handle we went into one of the towns, I think Calistoga, to find a nice restaurant for the evening. After dinner as the sun was starting to go down and we were headed back to the main road we spotted this "home-grown" winery. Wineries are everywhere in the valley, big and very small. The small ones are very humble looking. Well we stopped at this one because the vines were pretty and I snapped away. I love the one point perspective of the vines trailing off into the distance.


Once we got home I decided this photo called for a sepia tone; I think it helps the photo express the character of the wine country.

No comments: