Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The buildings of Barcelona


This one goes way back. Way back to 2005. I took this photo with my little tot-around Canon while on Study Abroad in Barcelona. A group of us went down to the new Forum Building one Sunday afternoon. A very cool building. The building itself was essentially hovering over the ground anywhere from 5 feet to 12 feet in different places. So you can imagine from that basic description this building was a tad on the expensive side. Well, the Barcelona government thought so too, and went into a legal battle with architects Herzog and de Meuron.


I took this photo from under one corner of the building. I enjoy how the color of the sky is reflected in the windows on each side of the building. Not bad for a snap-shot. Sure wish I'd had my Nikon during those four month abroad. Guess I'll have to go back sometime.

1 comment:

Mara Salas said...

this is a good picture!!!

Love Barcelona :)