Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lighting up the dark


A while back we drove out to Enchanted Rock State Park to go camping and just get a way for a moment. It's a relatively short drive out to the park from Austin. Everything about our quick little trip was absolutely relaxing, including the drive. I remember listening to Daniel Makins while we drove. It was just right.


Enchanted Rock is the same park where I tried my first star trails photograph. It's just outside Fredericksberg, Texas, and it's stunning. So once the sun went down, naturally I pulled out the camera to see what tricks I could pull off. I put the shutter on about a minute and half and let it run while Andrea painted the nearby trees with the flashlight. I think she might have actually turned it on by accident at first, hence the very bright spot in the foreground.


It's amazing how a camera can transform a place. To us, it was extremely dark with a bit of moonlight. To the camera it was blue skies and green trees.

No comments: