Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The mash tuns


One Saturday in Seattle we decided to go thift shopping in Fremont. We found our way to this huge store. As we wandered around we realized there was a downstairs basement. Once we got down there we found this couch and wood wall. I instantly saw a "album cover" photo op. So I set my camera up on timer and we took a quick pic. The lighting was a litte too low, but we managed.


So, this is our band. The mash tuns. Why the mash tuns? Well, we went to brewery just before this shopping extravaganza. At the brewery they had these large tanks that said mash tun on them. A mash tun is where the actual brewing takes place. But, more importantly it's a great band name, right? If I had to guess I'd say I look like the lead singer (which would never ever happen). Andrea on the left looks like she'd be the drummer. Kate with her feet up would be the peppy bass player. And Laura, next to me, would handle the guitar business.


Unfortunately, our bass player is getting married in February, so it seems our tour will have to be cancelled. It was fun while it lasted.

No comments: