Friday, September 5, 2008

Grand Old Country


Well the conventions are all over now, and the election season is full throttle ahead. I watched both the Democratic and Republican conventions over the last two weeks. It was like the political olympics. People on both sides were passionately rooting for their team. But, last night John McCain very clearly put his party second, second to something greater, his country. His campaign motto has been "Country First" which was explained very well last night. I was proud of him and proud of our country while listening to his speech. And, just as he probably hoped, I never once thought how proud I was of the Republican party, because that's not what it's about. The quote below was the one that made me tear up, and I hope everyone remembers it when they cast their vote in November:


"We are fellow Americans. And that association means more to me than any other." -Senator John McCain, September 4th, 2008


The campaign buttons in the photo were a gift from the Museum Curator at the George Bush Library in College Station. To me they represent an important legacy, but they also represent the Grand Old Party of the past. I look forward to the neo-Republican that is John McCain.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My dearest Ashley.
You and I are definitely never going to see each other eye to eye when it comes to politics.
But I love your fotography! Keep it up!

Alex I.D.

Unknown said...

goodness gracious! I spelled photography, "fotography"!!

sometimes the roots come out.