Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The days of swing set


What kid doesn't love the swing set? This is Karleigh, my cousin Tiffany's kiddo. When we were in Mississippi for Christmas, Miss Karleigh took me on a tour of her playground. Not your average playground either. Karleigh is lucky to spend a lot of time on her grandparents' (my aunt and uncle's) land. And as far as I can tell, she owns the place. We went and saw the horses, the chickens, the stable, and last but not least the swing set.


The whole time Karleigh was showing me around I was trying to get some photos of her for Tiffany and Aunt Leila. At first, she was a little stiff around the camera, but eventually she really got into it and acted very candidly. So I asked her to get on the swing set and swing for me so I could get a photo of her. Well, she hopped to it in no time. And naturally she tried to swing as high as possible. It took me back to my grasshopper days when I'd try to do the same thing. I was having a blast and so was she. I ended up getting this shot, which I love.


Thanks for the tour, Karleigh.

No comments: