Monday, May 26, 2008

Remembering


Happy Memorial Day. I remember when I was a kid dad would always go out and hang our flag on Memorial Day. I was truly proud to be American when I'd see that flag hanging in front of our house. Today's constant political bickering makes is difficult to remember how lucky we are here in the United States to have people who defend what we stand for. So, thank goodness for Memorial Day. And, thank God for our men and women.


This photograph is taken at the "front steps" of Texas A&M. I took it on a Tuesday. Tuesdays are occasionally special at A&M. Silver Taps takes place on one Tuesday every month. It is a chance to remember any fellow Ags who passed away in the past month. I remember the feeling I would get when I would drive up New Main and see the flags at half mast. It was a bit of sadness, because it meant one of my fellow Aggies had passed away, but it was also a bit of joy that my university made the effort to remember them.


Always remember.

No comments: