Friday, May 2, 2008

All smiles today


Today is the big day. I'm basically beaming. In about 2 hours I will be presenting my final study project. And in 3 hours I will have earned my Master of Architecture. I am ecstactic. I have been looking forward to this very day for years now. I remember the day I came into the College of Architecture. We had orientation with our parents. Mardelle Shepley explained to us that we would have to pursue a Masters if we intended to become a professional architect. I remember, both mom and I were shocked at that information. I rolled my eyes at the fact that all of a sudden I not only had one degree to pursue, but two! That seems like so long ago. Well now that I'm about to receive my Masters I really appreciate its value to me and my education.


I realize I have been reflecting quite a bit in the past several posts, but that seems to be appropriate right now as I'm transitioning into a new phase. So, thank you for listening. I also realize I missed posting yesterday. I suppose that will happen from time to time, but I will try to keep it to a minimum.


Enjoy the smiling fire hydrant. I took this photo in Seattle in March 2007. I was trying to see things in a new way. You ought to try it, it's fun.

No comments: