Thursday, May 29, 2008

Summer snow


Where I come from, the first sign of summer is the opening of the snow cone stand. Last night I could feel the snow cone weather. I hopped in the car and headed for my first snow cone of 2008. Strawberry ofcourse (sugar-free with splenda to be specific). It was everything I hoped it would be.

Things got interesting at the stand though. I took my camera with me, like a good amateur photographer. While I was eating my snow cone I took some photos of the stand and my snow cone, just enjoying the evening. Well, I think I made the teenagers running the stand nervous. They called their boss, the owner. This girl runs out to me, while on the phone, and says, "I have the owner on the phone, is there anything we can help you with?" I was like, "Excuse me?" and she said, "Well, you are taking photos and we thought you were competition or something." I laughed and said, "No, I'm just an amateur photographer having fun." I could see how nervous she was, so I cooled down my shooting and just enjoyed my snow cone after that.

I don't blame them for being nervous about me, snow cones are big business in Carrollton. There are two things Carrollton has plenty of: churches and snow cone stands. Which I suppose if you are going to have too much of anything, those would be it!

So, this photograph isn't the best I've ever done, but the story I couldn't pass up sharing. And, if you want to start a snow cone stand, call me, I've done the research!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had never imagined that there could be any reason to suspect "Corporate Espionage" in the snow-cone industry... HAHAHAH
How would the scene go?
-Well done agent Dias. We are now in posession of the ultrasecret snow-cone stand plans. We shall be unstoppable.

AHAHHAHAHA