Tuesday, June 10, 2008

El diablo


This is my friend Alejandro, and no, he is not the devil. But, he did pose quite well for this photograph. I took this photo a while back for my "slow shutter" assignment in photography class. We set this shot up in the conference room of the office we both worked in at school, obviously at night. I had bought a red bulb to emit the light behind him. I really had no clue if I could pull the shot off the way I had planned.

The top of the fork is drawn with a lazer pointer over a six second shutter. We tried over and over to get it right. It's quite difficult to draw with a lazer point, especially when its dark when you start, and your first click has to be right on or the light will show up in the shot. Poor Alejandro had to stay very very still while the shutter was open and while I drew over and over again. But, finally we got it right. I don't typically crop photos, but this one I did and I think it turned out well.
Miss the dreads Ale, they sure worked well in this shot!

No comments: