Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fun at the pump


Gas. Everyone's favorite topic right now. With the prices skyrocketing it seems, it can't help but be center stage. This photo was taken at an old, old gas station in Bryan, Texas. What's strange about Bryan is when you drive into that city it feels like you go back in time a little bit. And in true Bryan-form, this gas pump radiates the past. I think we all hope that this unfortunate gas situation could be a thing of the past as well.


Recently my company offered us free-DART passes until the end of the year. A great way to skirt these gas prices, is mass transportation. I've always been a fan of mass transportation. Something about it is adventurous, which is maybe what I enjoy about it. Unfortunately I live in an area where the rail system has yet to be developed. I do get to walk to work though, which has really helped me reduce the impact of gas on my wallet.


I still have to visit the ol' pump from time to time though despite my walking commute to work. And going to the pump is definately not an adventure I enjoy. So, hurry up DART rail, you're the adventure I'm looking for!

2 comments:

John Dias said...

I remember that your dad took you out one Saturday and you guys rode the public busses around town. I think it was supposed to be a kind of adventure - maybe that's where you got the bug?

Ashley Dias said...

mom still has a magnet with a photo in it of dad and I waiting for the bus. i remember i loved that day!