Monday, June 23, 2008

Perfect is for fools


I love succulents. They're sturdy. They're pretty. And they're pretty easy to take care of (although I have killed two, still working on my brown thumb). For a while I'd been wanting a photo of a succulent since they are so unique. But honestly, at first I was disspointed with this photo and how it turned out. When I took a closer look at the photo I realized that the succulent had all these broken limbs and bruises. In my mind, when I took the shot I think I wanted a photograph of a perfect succulent. Why though, I'm not really sure.


There's a bit of lesson there I suppose. What is it to be perfect, really, and what does it even matter? We may want things and people (ourselves mainly) or life even to be perfect, but they won't be, and they are not supposed to be. But, we can appreciate them even still. In fact, they're better when they're not perfect. So needless to say, the photo has grown on me.


After all perfect is for fools.

1 comment:

AMDROE said...

That's a framer! I will need a jpeg of that eventually! Along with one of Andrea's 'flower dangler' shots from C.R.!! Hope you are wowing the socks off their faces at work!! Why are they wearing socks on their faces you ask...that would be a good question to ask them!!