Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The wall jem


I'm walking along this residential wall one day and as I look over I see this jem inset in the wall. And delicately falling next to it is the vines of its neighboring plant. It was very enjoyable, especially with the shadow created by the inset of the jem. It reminds me of the opportunity we have in design; it's not always about the big stuff, sometimes its the smaller things that really amp up a design.

I guess Mies van der Rohe said it a little better though, when he said, 'God is in the details." Well, Mies I think you would have really like this little jem.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What are you doing up at 5am???
I have been quite enjoying your postings, but today I noticed WHEN they were posted and flipped out!

Ashley Dias said...

the post time is 2 hours off. so its actually a 7am-ish post. dont worry, im not crazy. i, unlike you, enjoy my sleep time!