Monday, June 9, 2008

Roasted memories


It was about this time last year that I became a "regular" at Lighthouse Roasters in Seattle. This is for sure the coolest coffee house I've ever been to. First of all it was literally a stones throw from our apartment. And, the sun would come up so early in Seattle, you could get a cup of joe at 6AM and you'd be able to enjoy the daylight. Inside the shop was great. They roasted their own beans there. They would keep the back doors open near the roaster and it really gave the place a community feel. Eventually I would walk in and my buddy at the register just knew to ring me up for my short drip. Newspaper were everywhere, you could grab one and catch up on a few stories before getting ready for work.


This photo looks down the counter towards the cream and sugar area. That's the roaster in the background, it's a very cool machine. Today I drink my coffee to you Lighthouse, and remember our good times.

No comments: