Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Lone leaf


I have always enjoyed this leaf. I looked down one day and there he was, laying straddled between the two boards. I wondered to myself, how he got there like that, and why he was the only one around. He must have just been taking a break. To me he looked like an older leaf, a very wise leaf, a leaf comfortable in his own company. A leaf with many great stories. He was scarred and broken, yet sturdy. He left his tree awhile back and ventured on his own and made his stories. You can tell he was a go-getter. He realized that life doesn't happen to you, you go out there and get it. No one will do it for you. You can bet he was a tough cookie. I'm sure he has a good war story for the piece he's missing on his right side. But, you can tell, he's happy. Older. More tired. But, happy. Enjoying what his life was and is. Happy with himself and the life he had made.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh... wow. I feel so identified with the leaf!
Old and beaten, but happy.
;-)